Preparing For Tomorrow, Today
If you are nearing retirement age, you are probably nervous about your future finances and health care. At Alterwitz Katz, LLP, our legal team has helped many people in Las Vegas and surrounding areas to plan for their later lives. Our founding attorneys have advanced (LL.M) degrees in taxation and more than 50 years of combined experience in estate planning and tax matters.
Regardless of whether you need a simple plan for a few assets or a sophisticated plan for a complex array of assets, we can meet your estate planning needs with the greatest tax savings possible for your circumstances.
Incapacity And Death Operate On Their Own Timelines
We urge our clients to establish estate plans as soon as they are able. You may be a parent in mid-career, a retiree with an empty nest, an investor with millions tied up in real estate, or someone in between. Whatever your personal circumstances, our attorneys provide assistance to help you understand the importance of creating your estate plan and setting up the components necessary to communicate your wishes.
These components include:
- Wills to direct exactly how, and to whom, you wish to distribute your assets after you die.
- Trusts to protect your assets specifically for your minor child, long-term health care for an incapacitated loved one or for your favorite charitable cause. We can help you to create and maintain other trusts as well, including a special needs trust or life insurance trusts.
- Powers of attorney to assign trusted agents to handle your business affairs or to ensure your choice of medical treatment is followed if you are suddenly incapacitated while alive.
- Living wills (known formally as health care directives) to place limits on your end-of-life health care, if desired.
- Business succession planning to transform privately owned family business into LLCs, LLPs or other business entities. By doing this, we can protect your personal property from business liabilities.
- Tax planning to protect your assets from unnecessary taxation. We advise and assist clients in matters of state, federal probate, personal and corporate tax planning.
- Medicaid planning/health care planning to prevent assets you’ve accumulated over a lifetime from being consumed by nursing home and other medical expenses.
Estate Planning Emergency? We Can Help.
Estate plans work best when they are considered thoroughly and well in advance of an emergency. Nevertheless, people still have options when circumstances are less than ideal.
Our lawyers frequently help clients who need, or whose loved ones need, emergency legal help to prepare for long-term nursing care, but who lack a current will, power of attorney or other planning documents.
Whatever your concerns, your cause is not lost. Our lawyers have provided invaluable assistance to people like you in similar situations. To learn more, contact our law office in Las Vegas online or by calling 702-735-0061. We will gladly discuss your situation and options.